Monday, February 27, 2012

Welcome back to running!!! YAY!!!

Weight loss to date:97 lbs
3 LBS TO GO!!!

Oh, the 100 lbs lost mark is SO close!!! I am so excited to hit that mark.  It won't be the end of my journey though.
  Well, last week I officially got back to my running.  It was so awesome to be able to hit the road and just let my cares go. My foot is finally back to normal and is taking to running and working out just fine!   I ran 2 miles my first run out and 2.33 my second time.  Yesterday, Matt and I took what we thought would be a short run.  It turned out to be a 3 mile run! It was so wonderful!  I just love that I can put my music on and praise God during this time.  I just bought a new song from the christian rap artist, LeCrae.  It says "Go hard or Go home! Lord Use me up". I probably looked like a crazy woman running down Main street with my hands raised high shouting the lyrics.  But, I know that God is going to use me for something! 

To anyone that is reading this and has been following me, I want to ask you to be in prayer for one thing.  I know God is telling me that my journey is helping others , and I can feel that He is going to use it in some other way. So, can you please be praying that I would find out what it is that God will do and that I will continue to allow Him to use this. 

I have to share two stories that are very dear to me.  My dad has been diabetic since Courtney was about 2 or 3.  He is one my heroes because of the things he puts up with due to diabetes.  He recently decided to start keeping a food journal.  In just 3 weeks, he lost 9 lbs and his blood sugars have started to drop to more normal numbers.  I was so proud of him to make one small change.  My mom has now started a journal as well. I don't know if they were inspired by me or not, and honestly I don't care, I am just really proud of them. 
Also, my Aunt in NY told me yesterday that she has lost 51.5 lbs since November!!! She said that everytime she gets discouraged she looks at how much I have done and it gives her encouragement! It brought me to tears to see her make huge changes and become healthier! Way to go Aunt Bev! I am so proud of you!!!
This is why I share my story! I want you all to know that your stories encourage and inspire me! 

More later when I am 100 lbs lighter than I used to be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment