Saturday, December 3, 2011

Strong is the new skinny :)

Weight loss to date: 87 lbs

I know everyone was expecting me to be in "one-derland" by now.  While I am getting closer and closer I am still not there yet.  But I realized this week that my journey is about so much more than a number.  I have literally been obsessing about the scale and the number on it for 11 months.  I got so distracted with the number that I didn't even stop to appreciate the other things I have been able to accomplish.  So, I am going to take a few minutes to be proud of what I have done. I am not usually like that, but please just let me have a moment.

Thanksgiving day Matt and I (and our awesome running buddies) ran the Turkey Trot 5K.  I woke up sick and not motivated at all, but ended up running the 5K in 37 minutes, which is a personal record for me!! I have been doing bootcamp at the gym for 8 weeks. I will never forget week one and how I pretty much wanted to cry because I couldn't do any of the exersizes.  I was beyond excited when I did over 140 push ups (on my knees) today and for the first time EVER I held a plank position on my toes, not my knees!! I am really noticing that I am getting stronger and stronger.  I am hoping to measure this week and see how many inches I lost in 4 weeks, so stay tuned!

I was mentioning to a few people at work my goal to be under 200 lbs.  They kept looking at me funny.  They were is total disbelief that I weighed 200 lbs. I automatically thought, "Oh, man I must look like I am heavier." But both ladies said they thought my scale was wrong because I look much lighter than 200 lbs.  I know it sounds like bragging, but I felt amazing when they told me that and that's when it hit me that the scale will not control how I feel anymore!!!!

I wish more people would let go of that "thing" (for me it was a scale) that holds you back from true happiness. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly thrilled for you. And sooooo proud of what you have accomplished in the last year. You are such an inspiration to so many. Keep shining that light as Bright as you do now. God is SO Proud of You!

    ReplyDelete