Saturday, December 31, 2011

One more for 2011! Bring it on 2012!!

Weight loss to date: 89 lbs

This is my last blog for 2011, so I decided to look back on the year I've had. We have had a lot of ups and downs here at our house, but never once did God leave our side.  We are going into 2012 with some trials already, but I am confident that God will always provide and we will continue to trust His plans for us.
This was a year of a few heart breaks for us. I lost my beloved Sophie girl in May, which completely devastated me. Say what you will because she was just my dog, but to me she was my best friend and some days she was the best listener I could ever ask for. I miss her like crazy, but I know God is enjoying her silly little face up in Heaven. I also lost one of my uncles this year. I think the hardest part was seeing the pain my cousins had to deal with. In the midst of the sadness, I always knew that God would prevail and bless us for being faithful. 
January was the start of a new Carla. I decided that I was not going to let my weight define me anymore and I changed my whole life. I never thought at that moment, how different my life would be a year later.  I never quit and lost 89 lbs so far.  I went from sitting on the couch ALL day, to running 5k's and working out as much as I can. I am blessed to have an amazing family and husband that push me and support me in everything. 
I am sad to see some doors closing in our lives, but I know that for every door He closes, God will open another one. He blessed me with incredible friends and introduced me to some amazing new people this year.
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will guide your path." This has been my mantra for the last year, and it will be for the next year. I am going to put everything I have into trusting God and His plans for our lives!
Happy New Year everyone! Make 2012 the BEST year yet!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Carla! God is always by our side, no matter what.
    You are doing amazing, you will continue to do amazing thing this upcoming year!
    Welcome 2012!

    ReplyDelete