Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A year makes a BIG difference!!

January 2011

January 2012

January 10, 2011 was the first day of the rest of my life. I was 27 years old, 287 lbs and completely dissappointed in myself.  I basically ate whatever I could get my hands on all day, went to work then sat on the couch all night.  On that day I decided that enough was enough and I was going to get healthy!  I popped in my Biggest Loser game for the Wii, and did an 18 minute workout. I rememeber thinking after 10 minutes that I was going to die, but I had to finish anyway. I decided to start drinking tons of water, and eating better. 

I am so happy to say that today, January 12, 2012 I am 198 lbs and feel amazing! My initial goal was to lose 100 lbs in a year, but with the ups and downs of weight loss I am 11 lbs shy of my goal. I was a little disappointed in myself, but it just motivates me to work even harder to hit the goal and not worry about the time.  I became a runner this during this year and now find running to be the place I let it all out! I am learning everyday to love my body (which is harder for me than I thought) but I know that it will come. I know there will be a day that I can look at myself (at any weight) and say "You are beautiful and amazing". Until then, I will keep running, working out, eating healthy and doing what I do to make each day better than the one before!

Thank you to everyone who has been reading/sharing my journey. You guys motivate and inspire me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment