Monday, August 8, 2011

Some Random thoughts on my journey

weightloss to date:65 lbs.

I am feeling a little irritated tonight and I don't know why. So I figured if I write some random thoughts I would feel better.  I don't think I am irritated about my journey, but if I don't regain focus it will hinder what I am trying to do.  So, Matt and I went for a long run tonight.  We are up to 2.5 miles on our neighborhood runs.  I am pretty excited about how far we are running now. I just wish I could get my legs to move a little faster. I figure if I just get out there and push as much as I can, my times and distances will get much better.  I am not really gonna stress over it.   I started running the second week in June, and could barely make it through a 30 second run, and now I am running 2.5 miles. I feel like I have made some pretty good progress.  According to my run tracker, I have logged 41 miles since the beginning of July. 

My weight loss is going pretty well. I am happy that I was able to kick my plateau and continue losing.  My goal is to be in "One-derland" by the Dirty Girl race in September.  "One-derland" is being at a weight anywhere in the 100's.  I know it seems silly but that will be an amazing feeling for me.  Once I hit 199lbs, I will have lost 88 lbs altogether.  I am at 222lbs today, so I have some hard work ahead of me.  I think getting back to a routine and schedule will be just what I need. 

I think my biggest issue lately is letting little things bother me and then I stress all day.  I have to learn to let things roll off my back.  That is maybe why I love to run so much. I just let my cares go and run.  A lot of times I pray in my head while I run and spend time with the Lord. 

My goals for this week are to spend more time with the Lord to learn to destress and enjoy every minute of every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment