Sunday, August 28, 2011

70 down...30 to go!

Weight loss to date:72 lbs.

Well, I am a little over seven months into this journey and I have hit my 70 lb weight loss mark. My goal is to be down 100 lbs by Jan. 10,2012. That will be my year mark.  I was really worried that I would plateau again after going back to work, but I lost over 6 lbs in the first 7 days back with kids.  I just find that I am so tired when I get done at work, I lose motivation for the gym and running. I really have to force myself to get out and do it.  I know this is just a part of adjusting, and I am sure it will get better. 

I am keeping up with both Zumba and running. I am currently trying to get to Zumba 3 times a week and I am trying to get at least 4-5 runs in a week.  Yesterday when Matt and I went out running I ran my fastest mile ever. I ran it in 11:14. My goal is to get down under 11 minutes. I am finding that the more I run, the faster and easier it gets.  We are less than a month from the Dirty Girl 5K.  I am excited and know it will be a great accomplishment. I am going to try and hit up the 1K loop at Memorial Park a few more times to get an actual 5K run in.  I did it a few weeks ago and it felt amazing to say that I did it. 

I am noticing at work that being 72 lbs lighter makes a big difference.  I notice that I can keep up with the kids more and when I sit on the floor with them it's soooo much easier to get up.  A few of my kids from past years told me I look really different.  I am only 16 lbs away from weighing 199.  When that day comes I know I will be doing a great happy dance!!!!! For those of you following me, please pray that I stay motivated and keep my focus on getting into "One-derland"!

Thank you for all of the support and well wishes you all give me. You make me feel great and I know that you are cheering me on. Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome! I am cheering you on from here in NE and am always amazed and excited to hear how your journey is going. Please know that I will continue praying and cheering you on and cant wait to hear you post about being in One-derland :)...Love you hun and am SO PROUD of you!

    ReplyDelete