Friday, July 8, 2011

Peace out Plateau!!!!

Weight loss to date: 55 lbs
Woo hoo! I have finally kicked that plateau in the butt! I have lost 5 lbs this week and finally got off of the 50 lb. plateau.  Thank goodness. I was starting to worry.  :)

As far as other things go, I am training hard for a 2K race on the 14th.  I have been going up to the high school and running as much as I can. A 2K is 5 laps around the track. When I started running it about a month or so ago I was doing it in about 18 minutes.  This morning I went up and did my 5 laps in 15:58! I feel like I am getting stronger and can do so much more now than when I was 282 lbs.  I am also signing up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5K in September.  Not only is this a 5K  but there are various obstacles along the way. I am so exctied I cannot even wait!  I will keep blogging about training for that event.  Right now I am just focused on the 2K. 
I got a lot of great advice when I started to stress about the plateau.  I have some pretty amazing people out there supporting me. Thanks!! I think what really helped was that I just started drinking a TON of water and took a few days off of work outs.  It seemed to be just what my body needed.  I am so ready for the next 50 lbs to come off. Next week I meet with my doctor to see if I can come off of the blood pressure meds.  If this happens, I will be amazed!! I also met with another doctor last week that I hadn't seen in over a year and she was so excited about my weight loss.  She is going to try and help Matt and I figure things out and try to get us in a good place to try for a baby!!!!!
I feel great and cannot say thank you enough to those of you who are supporting and pushing me through this! I was very unhappy in January and very sad that I let myself go the way I did. Now I put my health as a top priority and I feel AMAZING!!!!

1 comment: