Thursday, July 14, 2011

A day at the doctor

Weight loss to date:59 lbs.

So, today I went to the doctor for my physical.  When I began this weight loss journey in January I thought they told me I weighed 282 lbs. Turns out I heard wrong and I was actually 287. I know it's just 5 lbs, but ewww! When the nurse brings me back she is in total shock that I have lost so much weight and is literally falling over herself to hurry and get my doctor.  He was very proud of my progress so far and said everything was looking good. My blood sugars and bad cholesterol are great.  My good cholesterol is low, but it's sort of a genetic problem. I have been on meds for high blood pressure for over 3 years now.  I have been working so hard to get my bp down and was so excited when the doctor said I am doing great and took me off the meds.  This, I think, was way more exciting than the number on the scale. I guess it sorta showed me that I am getting healthier.  Not sure what I was really feeling but all sorts of emotions hit me at the same time and I started crying all the way home.  I guess I was relieved, happy, annoyed with my old number, and just overwhelmed.  The doctor actually told me I was too healthy to be there and kicked me out. Ha ha!

Tonight is my first big(okay, it's only a 2K, but it's big for me) race.  I am really excited and very nervous. I don't want to look like an idiot out there with all of these runners.  I am going to have Matt take some pictures when I finish and I will keep everyone updated on how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment