Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dirty Girl 2011


Weight loss to date: 77 lbs since 1/10/11

Saturday was the Dirty Girl Mud Run I have been waiting for!! This is what all of my hard work was for (well sort of).  My week leading up the the Dirty Girl was not exactly what I pictured though.  Monday I woke up feeling like a truck ran me over and my throat felt like someone stabbed me with a pencil.  After making it through what seemed like the longest day EVER, I went in for a Strep test. Lucky me...it was positive.  So needless to say, I spend Monday night, all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning curled in a tiny ball on my couch.  The doctor restricted all working out for the week and was pretty ticked off when I told him I had to do this race.  So, against what I wanted, I rested all week long.  In the end, it was the best choice for me. 

The DGMR was the most amazing thing I have ever done.  I thought  I was going to go into this wanting to run the whole thing and try to beat everyone. But, it wasn't like that at all. My teammates were so wonderful and we did every single event together.  My favorite obstacle was the big mud pit at the end of the race.  It was awesome to have Matt and our teammates families there cheering us on.  As they were chanting for us to jump in the mud, I got so excited that I just went full force!  I ended up smacking my knee on the bottom and now I have a few scrapes.  Let me just say...I love them!! They are my "battle wounds" LOL!! I did all of the obstacles with the exception of the 8 ft wall. I got up on the first step and totally freaked out.  I am not too worried about it, but I will do it next year. 

Yep, you read that right! Dirty Girl Mud Run is a go for 2012 and I AM SO THERE!!! I know my original teammates will be there and I am excited to see if we can bring in a new group to join the shenanigans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment