Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summertime!

Well, I officially kicked of summer on the 25th of May! Woo hoo!! My weight loss goal was to be down 50 lbs by the last day of school. Luckily, I hit my goal on my birthday (the 17th), but it was all down hill from there.  On May 16th we had to make the worst decision ever.  Apparently Sophie found some more nails in the yard, and we had to put her to sleep on the 16th.  Being that I am one of the most emotional people ever, I cried for like 2 days straight.  She was my baby girl and I was devistated.  This totally threw my eating and workout plans all over the place and in the last week I hit a plateau.  I am not sure how to get over the 50 lb. hump, but I now have a whole summer to figure it out. 

My two goals for the summer are these: 1. lose about 30 more pounds before the first day of school and 2. be able to run (not walk), actually run a mile.  So far I am doing well on my running goal.  I get on the treadmill at the gym every morning and do running intervals.  So, I walk 3 mins. then jog 4 mins.  When I started I only jogged a total of 5 mins and felt like I was gonna die! Today I jogged a total of 15 out of my 30 mins on the treadmill!! It felt great and I actually like running for the first time EVER!! I even go my friend Nicole to start jogging intervals.  We are both learning that it just takes baby steps and that you cannot get too far ahead of yourself. 

Matt's parents are coming in on Sunday, so I am going to be challenged to maintain healthy eating habits and making sure I get to the gym as much as possible.  I know I can do this.  I know I can hit my goals and look amazing in no time. 

I went with my sister shopping yesterday, it was the first time in a long time that I actually liked buying clothes.  I am a size now that I haven't been in over 7 years.  Feels AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment